CAD Draftsperson Elec & Tele
|Number of positions:
||Toronto, Ontario (CA-ON)
|Duration of assignment:
||18 months (maximum)
- Work from the scope of work, information and data provided.
- Provide drafting services for DX Technical Services, Protection and Control Engineering as well as other departments (as necessary)?in the preparation of drawings, diagrams, charts, maps, illustrations and bills of materials using computer-aided drafting (CAD) systems for Electrical and/or Telecom installations relating to Transmission, Distribution and Telecom facilities.
- Receive scope of work for the preparation of detailed drawings, with unusual conditions outlined in a general way and the purpose of the required drawings stated.
- Assist in the preparation of standard drawing templates and in the standard drawings.
- Prepare bills of material and material requests by inputting relevant data into computer systems using established standards
- and procedures.
- Prepare and revise PCM engineering drawings such as EWD, CWD, E/A, schematic, cable list and floor plan drawings
- associated with protection relays/IED, SER, DFR, RTU, control system, fire alarm and related systems, checking with
- Engineering clients and others to confirm technical details.
- Perform other duties as required
- Must be able to work well with others
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD, Meridian/Autodesk Vault?and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrate and provide training on work methods, when required.
- Periodically supervise staff to provide advice, guidance and training.
- Requires a good knowledge of English and grammar to be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Requires a sound knowledge of Operating, Distribution Lines?or Electrical and Protection, Control, Metering and/or Telecom drafting standards, principles, techniques and associated calculations, to prepare drawings for various engineering activities, procurement, construction, operation and/or maintenance associated with the type of work being undertaken.
- Requires knowledge of computer-aided drafting systems (CAD) to prepare Electrical and/or Telecom drawings.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of Grade XII in a Secondary, Commercial or Technical School or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Requires experience performing electrical and telecom drafting and CAD to understand drafting office routines and to gain proficiency in the application of the fundamental skills and use of drafting equipment.
- Requires experience to understand the types of drawings involved, terminology, relationships between groups and applicable drafting standards and practices.
- Requires experience to understand associated drawings, to learn the sources of technical data and the application of standard assemblies and methods.
- Requires experience to understand how all types of drawings are prepared and how the associated bills of material are produced.
- Requires experience in checking drawings prepared by others to ensure correct symbols, standards and techniques are followed in the preparation of production drawings.
- A period of over eight years, up to and including ten years, is considered necessary to gain this experience.
Achievement Motivation – Demonstrates record of self-motivated behavior and perseverance to accomplish objectives inspite of challenges. A demonstrated concern for competing against a standard of excellence.
Analytical Thinking – Demonstrates the ability to understand a situation by segmenting and tracing implications step by step.
Client – Service Orientation – Demonstrate desires to help or serve others, to meet their needs and hold strong personal commitment to clients, customers and corporate objectives.
Impact and Influence – Interacts with others including employee representatives, in a manner that advances the work of the organization by developing trust, mutual respect and cooperative working relationship. Demonstrates the ability to persuade, convince, influence or impress others with the long-term good of the organization in mind.
Initiative – Takes action proactively to achieve business objectives. Champions change and innovation consistent with strategic direction of Hydro One.
Teamwork – Demonstrate the ability to collaborate within the department and with other LOBs to achieve a common goal working with a dynamic team composition, by building a conducive working environment, using active listening skills, showing respects, trust & openness, providing constructive feedbacks, etc.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for considering this opportunity and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.? If you are being considered for an interview or other assessment one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch.? Furthermore, if you are being considered for an interview and require special accommodations please let us know.? Finally, short-listed candidates will be asked to pass a reliability check (which could include criminal background check, driver’s license abstract, education verification, etc.) prior being offered a job at Hydro One.
Deadline: December 11, 2018
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.