Director, Archival and Records Initiatives
Management Band 4
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.
NOTE:??Applications to this competition will not be reviewed until January 2019.? Applicants screened through will receive further notification at that time.
Play a leadership role in information management and digital preservation
The Corporate Information and Records Management Office (CIRMO), within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services, provides central oversight of information management within the Government of British Columbia. CIRMO promotes modernized information management across government by establishing legislation, policies and procedures; supporting ministry operations; providing training; and assessing compliance. Through these initiatives, CIRMO promotes the integration and alignment of information management policy, training and compliance, and that accountability for government’s many information management functions is well understood and transparent.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Government Records Services (GRS), the Director, Archival and Records Initiatives (the Director) is responsible for directing the development, implementation and evaluation of records management policies, procedures and services across government. the Director is actively involved in the Information Management Advisory Committee (IMAC) and acts as the committee secretariat. The Director’s records management responsibilities impact all ministries and government bodies subject to the IMA.
You possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and are highly skilled at project direction, management and leadership. To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated experience in leading and motivating staff and contributing to an internal working environment that is conducive to success.?If you are looking for an exciting leadership opportunity and possess the required qualifications, we look forward to your application.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.? For specific position related enquiries, please contact Susan.Laidlaw@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.? For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- University degree in a related field (archival studies, information management, change management, business/public administration) or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus five (5) years related progressive management experience.
- Three (3) years of management-level experience managing and leading a professional team of experts, including budget and human resources management, customer relations/communications, leadership and team building.
- Three (3) years of management-level experience leading change management involving considerable complexity and scope, multiple stakeholders and diverse issues.
- Experience providing both oral and written communication to senior management and executive, including the preparation of briefing notes and estimates materials.
- Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of policy and legislation.
- Preference may be given to candidates with leadership experience within a records management or archival context.
- Preference may be given to candidates with three (3) years of experience managing a portfolio of clients in a customer service environment, including management of stakeholder relationships and issue resolution in the context of implementing substantial change across a large organization.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it?may not?be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.