Assistant Network Officer
|Number of positions:
||Barrie, Ontario (CA-ON)
|Duration of Assignment:
- Conduct Operations research, technical/economic/business/regulatory impact assessments, and other specialized technical/business studies to determine distribution customer needs; analyze problems, develop strategies, alternatives and preferred solution; and facilitate delivery of solution through suppliers and service providers. Receive assignment from Supervisor on broad terms on specific problems related to areas of assigned work. Research available resources and contacts and propose effective recommendations to improve performance. Recognize areas requiring further action to avoid problems.
- Monitor and?control?programs and? projects. Co-ordinate activities with Service Providers and Stakeholders.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and specifications, and present recommendations to resolve issues, producing necessary documentation.
- Participate in the development, definition and preparation of programs, process, technical/operational/business standards, procedures or methods, including risk management and costing related to the management of transmission/distribution assets. Monitor service provider performance; provide re-direction as required.
- Contribute to the development of the business plan and regulatory submissions
- Maintain an awareness of advancing technology developments in distribution equipment and systems.
- Perform other duties as required
- Requires experience of the electrical power system operational requirements, policies, practices and procedures governing transmission/distribution/information assets.
- Requires experience to be familiar with the scope and responsibilities of Project/Program Manager, transmission and distribution facilities, organization and operation of related work groups.
- Requires an engineering knowledge of electrical power systems and facilities related to transmission/distribution/information system assets, mathematics, information technology to assist in carrying out theoretical, economic and engineering analytical studies related to the application, design and performance of the transmission/distribution/information systems.
- Requires knowledge of technical writing to prepare effective reports.
- Requires good communication skills to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Requires gathering and providing information or data for proposals and plans exchanging this information with Independent Market Operator, Marketplace Participants, external Service Providers and Vendors.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member with a demonstrated ability to be an agent of change.
- The ability to work in a busy environment with competing and changing priorities and limited supervision. Requiring planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning and monitoring the quality and quantity of work.
- Requires experience in?project management. Demonstrated ability to work and lead in an environment requiring interface with subject matter experts from across all LoBs.
- Demonstrated strong organization and planning skills and team player skills.
- Requires strong working knowledge of Sharepoint, Microsoft Office (Visio/Excel/Word/PowerPoint), and SAP
- Completion of 4 years of University training (i.e., Business, Engineering or related discipline)
- Further studies in business would be considered an asset.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for considering this opportunity and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.? If you are being considered for an interview or other assessment one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch.? Furthermore, if you are being considered for an interview and require special accommodations please let us know.? Finally, short-listed candidates will be asked to pass a reliability check (which could include criminal background check, driver’s license abstract, education verification, etc.) prior being offered a job at Hydro One.
Deadline:?December 18, 2018
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.